Kindred Living is an organisation that is bound by the National Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act 1988. A copy of the National Privacy Principles is available to be viewed at our head office or you can obtain a copy from the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
We collect personal information directly from individuals where possible. However, in some circumstances we may collect personal information from organisations that refer individuals to us, from health service providers, or from relatives of the individual. We do this where it is necessary for us to have the information to provide health services to the individual.
The kind of personal information which Kindred Living holds is:
• Individual’s names and addresses and other contact details;
• Contact details for an individual’s health care professionals and their relatives, guardians and attorneys; and
• Health information and other necessary personal information required to provide services to residents and clients.
The main purpose for which Kindred Living collects this information is to enable us to provide services to our residents and clients, and to process donations and bequests. We also use the information for internal business purposes, such as quality assurance and market research.
Where we take photographs we will seek consent as per the consent form.
Kindred Living may also use the information to provide you with information about our services and activities (for example – newsletters). You may inform us if you do not wish to receive this type of information.
Kindred Living will only disclose personal information outside Kindred Living in the following circumstances:
• To other health service providers as part of the provision of health services;
• To guardians or attorneys, unless you request us not to disclose information to them;
• To contractors or agents who we engage as part of our provision of services to you, or to organisations that provide services to us,
such as legal advisors;
• To government agencies if required by law; and
• To other aged care service providers that provide related services to our residents and clients, if you provide your consent for us to do so.
Under the National Privacy Principles, you have a right to have access to personal information held about you, and to correct or update the information if you can establish that it is incorrect. Only written requests for access will be accepted. In general, we will respond to your request for access within 14 days. We may require you to provide proof of identity before we release information to you. We may provide access under supervision in some circumstances.
Guardians or attorneys may, in some circumstances, request access to information about an individual for whom they are responsible. We may require proof of their authority to make this kind of request and proof of identity before we release information.
The privacy statement is subject to change. If you have any concerns or queries about our privacy statement, or if you would like further information about the way Kindred Living handles personal information, please contact the Chief Executive Officer on phone number
08 8644 9899.
25 Newton Street
Whyalla SA 5600